Meet Chrissy Gruninger
As your Online Business Manager, I can help you achieve a balance between life and business.
From the outset of my career, I was all about business. While still at University in 1996, I was hired for my first project manager position and realized at that time just how much I loved seeing a project through, from start to finish, making all the puzzle pieces fit together. I enjoyed overseeing team members and 3rd party contractors in order to get the work done, and I continued working in management and administration positions ever since. In 2010, I decided to take the leap and become an entrepreneur, launching an online marketing and strategy business.
What I came to realize is that many of my online marketing clients needed help with more than just their social channels. They needed someone who could help them launch new programs, locations and promotions. They needed someone who could oversee all the many facets that go into running a business and to help them stay on track. And thanks to my well-rounded background and commitment to continuing education, I was that person. So in 2013, I started offering Online Business Management, supporting my clients in understanding how to run their online businesses, what services to use and how best to use them.
My clients get to focus on what they love to do best all the while knowing that their business is being taken care of.
Along the way, I’ve also pursued my own interests: I have a Graduate Degree in Integrative Health and Sustainable Living as well as certifications in health coaching, yoga teaching and applied positive psychology.
Which is why the majority of my clients are eco, wellness and personal development companies and individuals, or as I like to say, “good people doing good things”.
1996-2010: Project management, office administration and management
2010-Present: Social Media Marketing, Online Marketing
2013-Present: Online Business Management
Strengths: Efficient, organized and innovative [I’m a Maverick on Sally Hogshead Fascination Advantage]. Launch management, editing/writing, content creation, project management, online strategy.
Weakness: SEO, not my favorite topic [at the moment]. My best advice… regularly create quality content, use long tail keywords and distribute it consistently.
Pet Peeve: Inauthenticity. In life and business.
Between my personal interests and over 20 years of business management and marketing, I blend a background in conscious living with online marketing and business knowledge, helping my clients bring their positive messages of well-being and harmony into the world.
Chrissy Gruninger is an Online Business Manager and founder of Social [media] Wellness™, an international online marketing firm. She primarily works with eco and wellness companies and individuals, or as she likes to say, “good people doing good things”.
With a graduate degree in sustainable living along with health coaching and yoga certifications plus nearly 25 years of business administration experience, she blends a background in conscious living with online marketing and management knowledge, helping her clients bring their positive messages of well-being and harmony into the world.
Chrissy lives, works and plays in Costa Rica and is the author of ten books, including Lost and Found in the Land of Mañana and A Wildhearted Sanguine Life.
THE MORE FUN SIDE…
15 totally true + fun facts about me:
- I’ve been practicing yoga since I was 17 and received my teaching credential in 2006.
- As a kid, I always wanted a unicorn.
- Almost every country on my current ‘list of places to explore’ is an island.
- I have a daily gratitude practice
- I love growing plants and flowers but I generally kill them (remembering to water is often the missing component)
- My favorite water activity is snorkeling but I refuse to use the flippers or snorkel. Only a mask.
- Two of my best life stories are six years apart but started with the same piece of driftwood, ranchito and palm tree. One, you can read about here. The other is unfolding day by day…
- My life is never boring on the Rich Coast. On any given day here, there might be a marriage proposal, a police officer stalking me, a robbery while I sleep, a massive earthquake, watching shooting stars from a catamaran on the open sea or seeing a wild monkey playing on my sheets that are drying outside on the line, just to name a few…
- Whenever there is both sunshine + rain, I always run outside in search of the rainbow.
- In my life, I’ve worked for some pretty interesting people and companies. Everything from an oil company and a tuna fishing company (many, many years ago before I found my purpose!), to a man who has stepped foot on the moon to another guy who lived with no impact for a year to a young woman who lived in a tree for 2 years.
- My perfect breakfast consists of: Fresh mango and pineapple, gallo pinto, freshly made tamarindo juice and organic Costa Rican coffee with freshly made almond milk.
- I might be addicted to coffee…so much so that one morning during an electrical outage, I still attempted to make it by turning on the (electric) kettle to boil the water.
- I love cooking healthy and compassionate meals for others. It’s even better when they participate and want to learn how (+ why) to do it themselves.
- I’m often asked the question, “Don’t you miss the US? Don’t you want to come home?”. Always the answer is NO. The only US Soil I ever plan on stepping on again is at the US Embassy in San Jose to renew my passport in 2019.
- I am barefoot 99% of the time. The other 1%, I’m wearing sandals, namely Keds or Teva Mush.
- Whether I succeed or not and whether it’s popular opinion or not, I have always stood up for what I believe in. In my teens, I protested the closing of my school. In college, I refused to participate in my sorority’s rush (saying it was wrong to judge people by how they looked) and racked up $900 in fines which I promptly refused to pay and quit the sorority. And in my 30’s, I stood outside of San Quentin State Prison at midnight on a cold December night, protesting the lethal injection of Tookie Williams. Now, in my 40’s, I’m using my voice and my writing to speak out for equality for all.
A few of my favorite things
Surf Photography. Especially big wave surf!
Yoga + Wellness
Yamas + Niyamas
On and off the mat
Tropical sunshine, cool ocean breezes, warm clear blue-green water, little fishes, stunning coral, sandy feet
Speaking up for and caring for those without a voice.